Sustainable Sourcing is a core tenant of Good for Life’s mission. For this reason, Good for Life developed a sustainable procurement policy and scoring matrix to assist in sourcing the best suppliers that align with that mission.
Good for Life plans to further its mission while helping its suppliers become better stewards of the environment and the communities in which they operate by offering tools and guidance on how to accomplish that goal.
Good for Life’s sustainable procurement policy is used to describe their supplier expectations and to help them to give priority to suppliers who align with their core values. The purpose of this policy is to establish a baseline acceptance level for materials and to create a matrix to help Good for Life systematically choose more preferable materials.
The list of priorities for evaluating materials for procurement by Good for Life are:
- Development of an ISO 9001 quality management system
- Participation in Sedex ethical trading programs and guidance standards
- Adherence to ISO 26000 guidance standard on social responsibility
- Full compliance with local and international laws and regulations
- Use of an internal carbon management program for measurement or reporting
- Policies for sustainable material sourcing, either through a registered program or internal policies
Good for Life has developed a simple questionnaire and matrix to score suppliers based on these six areas of focus. Making supplier selection systematic helps Good for Life prioritize suppliers that align with their mission but to also be a continual improvement system for suppliers who may desire to perform any documentation they currently don’t have. To learn more about sustainable sourcing at Good for Life download the full Sustainable Procurement Policy here.
13 Maple Ave, Forestville SA 5035
6F-9, No.109 Xiangxin Rd, Taichung, Taiwan 408
MIDDLE EAST / AFRICA
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Kidnah, Block 4, Plot 4, Furairah